Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's that time again....




Thanksgiving is over so you know what that means........ 
CHRISTMAS TIME!!
  
Although my Thanksgiving was fantastic and I’m so grateful for all the blessings in my life, I’m beyond excited for it to be Christmas time! It really is the best time of the year!

I started my Christmas shopping early this year (partially because I was just too anxious, and partially because I just wanted to get it over with to start paying everything off) I’m just about done after going out on Black Friday. The only thing that I have left to get is the last gift for Tyler (My boyfriends son). So I think I’m doing pretty good!

We went and got our Christmas Tree on Sunday. I was determined to go get it early this year because last year we literally went and got it the weekend before Christmas and I was so pissed. So I was going this weekend whether it was the last thing I did! Even though we got it on Sunday morning I still had to wait to decorate it, for all the branches to ‘fall’. So yesterday after work I came home and decorated it. It’s still not done need to do some final touches on it and get a star or angel to put at the top but I’m getting there!

Chris had to work Saturday morning so Tyler and I decorated the house for Christmas. Since my mom left & took everything to her new house with her, I’m still trying to get my decorations back to what they used to be but they are so darn expensive! Who would think?! Last year I had to go get all new ornaments and stockings so I had those from last year but this year I got some more personalized ornaments and Tyler, Chris & I are gonna do some fun DIY ornaments that I found on Pinterest this year. (I’ll make sure to post the steps of the ones we make!)

I also go some cute decorations for the mantel this year. I need more but for now this will work! I need to get bigger letters for the NOEL.


I also bought this awesome train set to go around the Christmas tree! Growing up we always had a train and especially now since I don’t live with my parents I want to make Christmas feel like it did when I was a kid.

Sidenote: [My parents when they were married used to go ALL out for Christmas like every inch of our house was covered in white lights. We had giant figurines of Santa in a sleigh, with all the reindeer attached. Mrs. Clause, Frosty, the North Pole. It was AMAZING! Absolutely loved it, and so many people drove by every night to see the lights! So Christmas has always been an amazing holiday for me]

Well until next time.

Xoxo

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment